Sunday, October 7, 2012

BES Journal Three


This past week, I was on a mission to find some beautiful views of the city. I enjoy looking out over beautiful areas, and I had not seen the city as a whole. London is beautiful just walking down the streets, but I wanted to get a feel for London as a whole. I went to Regents Park the week before, and it was wonderful! It was as if I stepped out of the city. I was lucky to get there before they took all the flowers out for the winter. Regents Park relaxed me and that was really needed. When I am around people for too long, I tend to get short tempered and annoyed easily. I was getting to that point and just needed to get away from everything so I can think and enjoy the quiet. After sitting and walking around Regents Park, felt so much better. I have been told about Primrose Hill a couple of times; so when I was looking for a great view of the city, Primrose Hill popped in my mind right away.



Since I had already been to Regents Park, I thought it would be easy to find the hill since it is right next to Regents Park. I miscalculated the distance a little. I left for the hill late afternoon, and I thought it would only be a 30 min walk to get there. It ended up taking me an hour. Regents Park is much bigger than I expected! It was a nice walk, but I couldn’t shake the thought that I still had to walk back an hour. Although my feet were tired when I finally found Primrose Hill, I must say it was worth the walk! When I finally reach the top of the hill, the view made me forget all about my aching feet. It was breathtaking, and the first time I had seen London in such a large chunk. The city is beautiful, and I couldn’t help but think that one day I could see London as a home. Looking out over London made living here seem right. I love the variety of people, and the way of life here; seeing that view of London, brought everything together.

I also rode the London Eye this week, and that just reinforced how I thought when I was on top of Primrose Hill. I am glad we took the night ride on the Eye. It gave me a chance to see London all lit up. I wish the ride was a little longer because I wasn’t even close to being tired of gazing out over the city. Something about the city at night that makes me feel happy as well as awe over the brilliance of London. I am going to continue my journey of finding beautiful views and areas of London throughout this whole trip. I think my next stop will be Hyde Park. I am feeling more and more at home everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Chalk Farm tube station is 200m from the top of Primrose Hill - no need to walk through Regents Park next time.

    Excellent work

    ReplyDelete